Dress: Lilly Pulitzer | Shoes: Jack Rogers | Earrings: Charming Charlie [mine are post, only clip-on available online] | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: Spartina, Charm: Spartina | Lips: Clinique [shade: mega melon]
Lilly Pulitzer finally announced the After Party Sale dates on Wednesday and I am so excited. If you’ve never shopped the sale before and are looking to get a great deal on some timeless pieces then you need to get ready! The sale will begin Monday, August 28th at 8am ET and will end Wednesday the 30th. The sale is 3 DAYS this year!! Last year the sale was only two days and they added new styles on the second day so I’m not sure if they will be doing that again this year or not. Below I am going to list all my tips and tricks for shopping the APS successfully!
- Make a Lilly Pulitzer account. If you don’t have an account already, sign up for one and add all your credit card and address info. This way you won’t be wasting time typing all that in and risking something being taken out of your cart.
- Use multiple devices. I always have my laptop, my iPad, my husband’s iPad, and my phone all ready to go. You will be placed in a virtual line as soon as you log on the website so this is a way to give you more chances to get on faster. Also if you do a quick checkout on a certain item (more on this in tip #3) you will have other devices waiting in the first part of the line so you don’t have to start over. Please note that opening different tabs will not make different spots in line, only different devices will do that.
- Have in mind what you are looking for. Of course we won’t know which exact styles or prints will be in the sale until the day of, but having an idea of what you want will help. For me I always know that I definitely want a shift dress so that’s the first thing I look for to add to my cart. After that I usually look at the rest of the dresses then move on to tops, then bottoms. If there is something you absolutely have to have and you think it will be a popular item, checkout with that item right away because things in your cart are NOT safe. They can be taken at any time. This is where tip #2 comes in to play. If you checkout on one device, you’re already waiting in line (or may be in the sale) on another so you won’t have to wait at then end of the line again to continue shopping.
- Open item in a new tab. When you see an item you might be interested in, right click it and open it in a new tab. This way you won’t have to reload the main category page again because website traffic is at an all time high and can take forever to load.
- If you are unsure about an item and think you will regret not getting it, don’t wait. Go ahead and add it to your cart! There truly is no time to waste and things sell out SO fast, so if you wait it may be too late. And if you end up purchasing an item and aren’t too crazy about it when you receive it, there are tons of re-sale sites and Facebook groups you can use to sell. *LP does not do exchanges or refunds on sale items*
- Be patient. Some people wait a long time to get on the site but if you are a true Lilly lover you know it’s worth the wait. And with 3 days to shop you should be able to get at least something from the sale.
- HAVE FUN. As crazy and hectic as this sale is, just try to enjoy it knowing that you are scoring an awesome piece of fashion for a great price.
I hope these tips will be helpful for you as you get ready to shop the best sale of the year! I can’t wait to see how you guys do! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!